Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome


Years ago during a career counseling workshop, I took the Myers Briggs Type Indicator personality test. After the class was over, the counselor came over to me and said, “In all the years I have been administering this test I have never seen anyone score so high in the Introvert range…almost at the very end of the scale.” she paused and took a deep breath, “If you really want to achieve any of the career goals you have mapped out for yourself, you are going to have to address this issue.” I think I mumbled something brilliant like, “Okay.” “Well, good luck,” she said, and walked away. I wish I could remember her name because I’d like to thank her. I think she’d be gobsmacked to learn I have a blog. Frankly, I am myself.

I know I am a shy person. But it’s not that shy people don’t have anything to say…we just worry about whether you want to hear it or not.

So what will we talk about? Art, textiles, surface design. I can tell you about my work and maybe some other things that capture my attention. We’ll see how it goes. I am glad you are here. Shy people secretly love company, at least this one does.

1 comment:

  1. Applause!! Applause!! O Shy One...you have beauty to share and it will be grand to stop and see more of it displayed...
    I grin the whole while I read your post...good start...where's your little button that says 'follow this blog'? I will click on it.

    And bravo for being included in the lovely book. I love the term Visio Divina...just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete