Monday, September 20, 2010

Move Over

This is a view from where I used to live.
Estero Americano • photo ©2010 Jennifer Libby Fay

I live somewhere else now.
The New 'hood • photo ©2010 Jennifer Libby Fay

Last week trucks arrived with the car, furniture and boxes. Even though I have been through this many times before, I felt anxious and unhappy. I got the distinct impression that no one was listening to me. People came and went. They made promises, saying things like, "We'll give you 24 hours notice.", "We're almost finished.", and "Don't worry, everything will be okay." I'm sure they meant well at the time, but later, when the promises proved inconvenient, they made excuses instead.

For awhile I thought I could maintain my usual schedule in the studio and in life but at about 10:00 am on Wednesday I gave up, or shut down, depending on how you look at it. Fortunately my sister, who has moved half way around the world and back, rescued me with laughter and sound advice: "Go slow, breathe, do the best you can."

I am grateful to all of you who come here to read this blog and I apologize for not being able to keep up these days. I promise to write more in the near future…

…or if I don't I'll be sure to have a great excuse.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, moving is bad news for normalcy! You have done a fantastic job using your words and your photos to describe the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will simply agree with Lynn...thank goodness for sisters at times like this.

    I wish you all best 'blog sister'
    ;-)

    yup...keep breathing...it's a life adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I have discovered, through all of our moves, that I think for every box that is moved, there are twice as many memories, that were created, no matter how long or short in that particular dwelling! That is why moving becomes more than relocating things. Memories are easier and lighter to carry, but truly weigh more in our hearts.

    To you I wish peace, love and lots of "new" boxes as you and Bill make another house your "semi-permanent" home.

    Thank you for being my sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to all my sisters for your comments, encouragement and love, it means so much to me to hear from you. xxxoooj

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh jennifer! I was finally able to get on a computer and when the photo popped up I knew without reading how you must be feeling. Sending many hugs your way telepathically. I miss you and can't wait to be home.

    ReplyDelete